General Data Protection Regulation
We only store personal data in order to process orders and make future orders quicker and easier, and to provide technical and safety information. We use personal data for marketing purposes only if you opt-in to our mailing list.
The Right to be Forgotten.
All individuals have the right to be forgotten. If we store personal data on an individual then this is most likely from an account or order they have placed with us in the past. We would like to request you keep your information as up to date as possible by logging in to your account and amending any incorrect data.
If you would like to have your personal data deleted then please contact us using the contact details in the website.
Access the data we hold on you
To have any personal data held by us emailed to you, please contact us.
We will only send the data stored to the email that is registered to the account.
If you cannot remember your email address, please contact us on 01444 831459 to pass the security questions to access your data.
Please note we keep no sensitive data related to our customers.
If you would like to request your data be send to you, please fill in the form below and it will be sent within 72 hours.
Privacy Statement for Sylmasta
Sylmasta Ltd is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on the Sylmasta site, speak to a member of our customer services, visit or otherwise interact with Sylmasta.
What personal information does Sylmasta collect?
Sylmasta collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you register for an account with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about the site.
- Transaction, billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with us or contract for one of our solutions or services.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email feedback to our website, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
- If you respond to one of our customer surveys or enter into a competition.
- If you interact with one of our sales agents, for example trade show or customer premises.
- We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for, products you purchase, and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
How does Sylmasta use my personal information?
Depending on how you use Sylmasta, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your online account with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise Sylmasta to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain Sylmasta, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of Sylmasta and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in Sylmasta’s legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of Sylmasta, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
With whom does Sylmasta share my personal information?
Sylmasta needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimization), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
Sylmasta may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Sylmasta, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does Sylmasta store my personal information, and how long for?
Sylmasta uses service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
What does Sylmasta do to protect my personal information?
Sylmasta always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and Sylmasta’s website has been specifically designed with security in mind.
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as credit card number and account details, we use the following security methods:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption – the latest technology to encode and protect your data – which is your guarantee for a safe and secure transaction.
- If sensitive credit card information is stored on our in-house systems it is also held in encrypted format.
Your Sylmasta Account Information and Sylmasta Personal Profile are password-protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your Sylmasta Account Information and Sylmasta Personal Profile by using your Sylmasta user name and password and by clicking on the Update My Details button on your home page navigation bar.